Mom’s Passover Cholent
- 3 packs of “flanken” – short ribs so 6 strips of short ribs
- 3 onions sliced
- 13 medium sized brown potatoes
- salt and pepper and paprika
1. Cover the bottom of a heavy pot with a thin layer of sugar to coat
2. Lay the short ribs on the sugar and cook on high heat to sear the meat in caramelized sugar
3. Season the meat with salt and pepper
4. Lift the meat and put all the sliced onions at the bottom of the pot and cook to wilt
5. Add cubed potatoes
6. Season generously with salt, pepper, paprika.
7. Cover and cook on low flame
8. Transfer to crock pot and cook on low overnight
9. DO NOT ADD ANY WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!