Cookie Crunch Recipe
Cookie Crunch Brownies
from Kosher by Design Entertains
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, broken up
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cup (12 tablespoons) butter or margarine
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup Dutch processed cocoa, sifted
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules or espresso powder
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
15 Oreo cookies or parve chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into chunks
4-5 extra Oreo or parve chocolate sandwich cookies, broken in half for garnish
- Arrange a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Spray an 11 x 7 by 1 ½ inch brownie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the tablespoon of flour into the pan. Shake it all around and tap it over a sink or garbage can to discard excess.
- In a heatproof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat the chocolate, sugar, and butter or margarine. Whisk until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, sifted cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, with a mixer at medium speed, beat the eggs, coffee granules, and vanilla until foamy. If your stand mixer has a whisk attachment, it will work well here.
- Blend the cooked chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle all but four tablespoons of the flour/cocoa mixture into the chocolate mixture. Place the 15 broken Oreos into the remaining flour/cocoa mixture, stirring gently to combine; try not to crush the cookies. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place the extra broken cookies on top of the batter for garnish.
- Bake 35 minutes; do not overbake. Allow to cool. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold. Cut into squares. Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator. Serve chilled.
Yield: 15-18 brownies.
**We made them in cupcake liners and cupcake pans instead (as seen in the picture). They’re good!