Diversity is the name of the game in Mid-Wilshire, not just in terms of culture and religion, but also in terms of architecture, real estate, and shopping and dining options.
A mix of magnificent homes, inclusive schools, and hip-and-happening restaurants make it one of the most desirable places to live in Los Angeles. And that’s not even counting the sheer beauty of the place, readily apparent in its sunny, tree-lined streets and green spaces.
Real estate and architecture
Nestled between Downtown and Beverly Hills, this enclave runs parallel to Hollywood in the north. The housing stock in Mid-Wilshire is made up of single-family homes, townhomes, apartments, and condos.
If you’re looking for a home to live or invest in, in the Mid-Wilshire area, you may call the Bienstock Group at 323-332-1985 or send an email to [email protected].
Fans of early to mid-20th century architecture will appreciate a number of structures here that hark back to that era. The Wilshire corridor itself is quite historic – it was the site of the Ambassador Hotel, where former President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, and which has since been torn down. It was also the route of the first suburban expansion in LA.
Today you’ll see homes reminiscent of 1920s architecture among Hancock Park homes for sale, along with modernist office buildings and strip malls in Koreatown. The remaining Art Deco designs in Miracle Mile are also worth a visit when you’re looking for that retro vibe.
Mid-Wilshire is filled with museums, public art, and parks to keep you occupied for days on end, including:
- LACMA – Drop by to catch exhibits from all over the world, as well as 100,000 objects on display as befitting the largest art museum on the west coast.
- The Petersen Automotive Museum – Bring the car lover in your life to this museum, where exhibits on automotive history, aesthetic designs, and technology will spark conversation. Popular classic car models, antiques, movie cars, and futuristic cars are also on display.
- Los Angeles High Memorial Park– Enjoy the swings and open fields of grass in this neighborhood park, where there’s enough shade to keep you cool and comfortable.
- Harold A. Henry Park – Cushioned play areas and picnic tables will let you make the most of your day out with friends and family.
Shops and restaurants
As far as shopping is concerned, Hancock Park’s Larchmont Boulevard is the place to be. From books and stationery to jelly sandals, you’ll find something to take home.
- Malin + Goetz – Personal care items in minimalist packaging are available in this sleekly-designed store, where the products are unisex.
- Flicka – Trendy accessories and smart outfits can be purchased here, along with toys and clothes for newborn babies.
- Larchmont Beauty Center – The store’s vast inventory includes everything from Kerastase to Sally Hansen.
The restaurants in Mid-Wilshire aren’t to be missed either. American, Mexican, Italian, Japanese, and of course, Korean cuisine are just some of the offerings here.
- Jjukku Jjukku BBQ – Have a taste of traditional Korean barbecue in this restaurant, where strips of premium beef will melt in your mouth.
- Yuko Kitchen – Rice bowls and rolls will leave you feeling full and satisfied after a meal in this Japanese food joint.
- My Two Cents – Come here for good old Southern cooking. The shrimp and grits won’t disappoint.
Living in Los Angeles
Living in Mid-Wilshire gives you the best Los Angeles has to offer. To make your dreams of homeownership come true, get in touch with Sheri Bienstock and her team of top-rated Los Angeles Realtors at 323-332-1985 or send an email to [email protected].
Investing in Mid Wilshire Real Estate
The dynamic real estate market near Mid-Wilshire has plenty of investment opportunities. Get in touch with our real estate investment specialists to get the latest deals and opportunities. We can help you acquire a multi-family property, a single-family home, a condo or townhouse, depending on your goals and budget.
Selling Your Mid Wilshire Property
If it is time to sell your Mid-Wilshire property, you may wish to start with a comprehensive market analysis provided at no-cost, no-obligation by our qualified listing agents. When you choose to work with one of our listing agents at The Bienstock Group, you will experience first-hand what sets us apart from other Los Angeles listing agents. Our “white glove” service is designed to represent your best interests, every step of the way. Using comprehensive market analysis, our property marketing techniques, and leveraging years of experience in the Los Angeles real estate market, are all keys to a successful transaction. Find out how much your Mid Wilshire Property is worth today.